I hope this year will be our region's most creative and successful one yet! I have lots of ideas, but would also love to hear your ideas. If there are any workshops, topics or even speakers you'd love to see happen in 2016, please send me an email. I'm always open to suggestions.
Bologna Book Fair April 2016
Our region will purchase showcase time just for our members’ books. Please note the following requirements if you want your book to be displayed.
A charge of $US25 is required for each title displayed, to be paid for by the author/illustrator directly to the SCBWI website.For this fee:
- the book will be showcased on the regional table
- it will be included in the booth display, and,
- it will be included in a digital catalogue that will be available through the bologna.scbwi.org website and provided on promotional material distributed at the fair.
- Only PAL books published after January 1, 2014 are eligible for display.
- One title per member is permitted for display.
- Members must register and pay through the Bologna SCBWI website here: https://bologna.scbwi.org/events/bologna-2016-regional-showcase/ to display their book in the regional showcase (once their region is listed as being in Bologna)
- Members must also arrange at their own expense to deliver the book to the designated showcaser for the region who will then transport the book to Bologna
- Your book must be delivered to Patti Buff by March 15, 2016.
- The Regional Advisor/designated showcaser will not be responsible for books that do not arrive by this date.
- Rights for each book must be available and clearly displayed on the reverse of the book (details here link to https://bologna.scbwi.org/rights-information/).
- TO be included in the digital catalogue please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- front cover image (less than 1MB)
- short synopsis (less than 100 words)
- short bio (less than 40 words)
- genre (picture book etc)
- and back cover details as per information at https://bologna.scbwi.org/rights-information/
- Unless you make prior arrangements with your Regional Advisor, books will not returned to the author/illustrator but will be passed to the International Youth Library Munich (http://www.ijb.de/en/about-us.html) for their collection. This also enables them to be entered into the prestigious White Ravens catalogue (link: http://www.ijb.de/en/publikationen/single/article/the-white-ravens-2014/34.html and 2014 here – http://www.ijb.de/en/publikationen/single/article/the-white-ravens-2014/34.html).
- There are no refunds.
- For comprehensive look at the our scbwi Bologna presence see bologna.scbwi.org.For more info on Bologna, please go here: